Art Basel Hong Kong 2017
What is Art Basel Hong Kong? Originated in Switzerland, it is an international art fair that staged annually in Basel itself, Miami Beach and Hong Kong. First launched in 2013 in Hong Kong, it has attracted collectors, museum directors, curators, art spectators and students from around the world since then. It also acts as a platform for galleries to show and sell their work. Art Basel HK 2017 is the fifth edition of the city which features over 240 established galleries and 29 new ones from 34 countries and territories. You can especially enjoy the artworks from Asia and the Asia-Pacific region as half of the galleries are coming from there.
- Date: 23-25 March 2017
- Venue: Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, Wan Chai
- Vernissage ticket (Mar 22, 5pm to 9pm): HKD 850
- One-day ticket (Mar 23 or 24): advance HKD 250, onsite HKD 300
- Two-day ticket (Mar 23 to 24): advance HKD 450, onsite HKD 525
- Three-day ticket (Mar 23 to 25): advance HKD 650, onsite HKD 750
- Saturday ticket (Mar 25): advance HKD 350, onsite HKD 400
- Evening ticket (Mar 23, 5-8pm): advance HKD 180, onsite HKD 230
- All tickets are subject to availability. Onsite ticket prices apply from March 23.
- One-day (Mar 23 or 24): advance HKD 150, onsite HKD 200
- Two-day (Mar 23 to 24): advance HKD 300, onsite HKD 375
- Three-day (Mar 23 to 25): advance HKD 400, onsite HKD 500
- Saturday (Mar 25): advance HKD 200, onsite HKD 250
- Visit with Kids: Admission is free for children aged five and under when accompanied by an adult.
Art Basel HK 2017 Opening Hours
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 5pm to 9pm
Public Opening Hours:
- Thursday, March 23, 2017, 1pm to 8pm
- Friday, March 24, 2017, 1pm to 9pm
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 11am to 6pm
How to get to Art Basel Hong Kong
MTR Wan Chai Station Exit A5, walk along the footbridge of O’Brien Road, pass through Immigration Tower and Central Plaza to Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
You may also be interested in Art Central Hong Kong that held in Central Harbourfront from 21 to 25 March 2017.
Are you planning to go to Art Basel Hong Kong this year? Please feel free to leave us comments or contact us if you have any questions.
To get free newsletter and updates from Hong Kong Travel Guide in your inbox, simply sign up at the top of the right-handed sidebar.
Thank you for reading this post. Please like us on Facebook and share our post.